Comments for this week :
* We have updated our page explaining the key reversal levels with a lot of new info and details for the different strategy numbers as found in the last column of the daily key tables. This should make it easier to understand and follow this approach. I hope to add more detail in the future, the page remains a work in progress.
* For those who wonder what’s the point of these tables. Well, among other things it offers an objective take on the market. And that can be very useful, for example when market sentiment differs noticeably from what the key reversal levels tell us. For example, in an early February blog post I observed how the media had become very negative about emerging markets, yet my weekly key reversal levels were starting to give buy signals for countries like Indonesia. A few weeks later there was a buy signal for India. If you bought on the next Monday you now sit on profits of 8 and 19% respectively. The system doesn’t always win, but the losses are usually small versus the profits. That’s always the main feature of a good trend following system. The small losses you take are the entrance fee you pay to get in on the big trending moves.
* Back to the key tables for this week. Weekly MoM is turning down for the DAX, so we have more markets that go into hesitating mode. Daily MoM has turned down for most stock indexes, but it is now turning back up for the Nasdaq. On outlier? Or will the other indexes follow the Nasdaq to the upside? We will find out soon.
* In other world markets weekly MoM is turning down for Brazil, France, India and Italy. That’s a warning sign, especially for India where MoM has reached a very high +9 reading.
* Bonds (TLT) are still looking for direction.
* Gold is taking a pause after its recent jump. It is holding up well so far, but will need another push higher to confirm that a new up trend is in place. Daily MoM has turned down for gold, so it could see a retest of the $1290 breakout level before possibly heading higher.
* The Euro is going into daily bullish mode. I have been warning that Euro could surprise to the upside. If it gets back above 1.38 then a short covering rally could quickly take it higher and turn the Euro fully bullish. It is that scenario that is probably pressuring European stocks for the moment.
* Oil is also pausing, but still bullish according to the key levels.
Here are the tables.
Key reversal levels for next week:
|Weekly||Current||Mode||Key (W)||MoM (W)||Weeks||% Ch.|
(Legend: Mode: green = bullish, pale green = weak bullish – may have peaked, red = bearish, pink = mildly bearish – may have bottomed | Key: key reversal level | for more details about these key levels, see: https://lunatictrader.wordpress.com/key-reversal-levels/ )
Latest daily key reversal levels:
|6/27/2014||Current||W||Mode||Key (D)||MoM (D)||Days||% Ch.||Str. #|
(Legend: Mode : green = bullish, pale green = weak bullish – may have peaked, red = bearish, pink = mildly bearish – may have bottomed | Key: key reversal level | W = weekly mode | for more details about these key levels, see: https://lunatictrader.wordpress.com/key-reversal-levels/ )
Our current key target zones (we use a +/-1% zone around these targets):
|S&P 500||1950||2001 *||1755||1641|
|Crude Oil(CL)||109.24||112.47 *||94.60||91.85|
(* = new or updated target ) (for more details about these key targets, see: https://lunatictrader.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/key-target-levels/ )
Stay tuned, Danny